- [Free Pattern] Really Easy And Quick Little Sweater Pattern
- [Video Tutorial] The Easiest Way To Crochet A Plaid Poncho Sweater
- Cute Crochet Bag That Fits All Of Your Essentials (And More!) Perfectly
- [Free Pattern] These 10 Minutes Crochet Booties For Babies Are Fabulous To Make For Baby Showers
- This Peacock Feathers Stitch Afghan Is A Stunner!
A really interesting variation on the good old granny square.You can easily make a crochet blanket using this pattern. It’s easy enough for beginners, but still fun for everyone else. This Modern Mitered Granny Square by Sue Rivers makes really stunning blankets. Visit Sue’s blog for directions and photos on making this mitered granny square.
Ok, back to the subject at hand…these are easy to do and have many possibilities with different color combinations. For my blanket, I was going for a half log cabin quilt sorta thing, with a modern look. I decided to do as many variations of the 5 colors I chose as I could, with an off white to border each square. I am using Loops and Threads Impeccable, as I didn’t want to spend lots of money on all the yarn I need for this. It is worsted weight and I am using a size 7 (4.5mm) hook.
Image source: Sue Rivers
Thanks to Sue Rivers for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.